Talking stock markets this morning with Matt McAleer in our shop.
1 These kinds of negative weekly momentum extremes have been profitable entry points in the past.
2. “The Trump bump has become the Trump dump” according to one editorial. Trump rhetoric is being dismissed by market agents as pure politics.
3. When election uncertainty is over markets will adjust regardless of outcomes.
4. The Lame duck session is either economy friendly or neutral.
5. Fed independence is confirmed notwithstanding Trump bluster.
6. Markets discounting worst outcomes from China-Trump-Navarro Trade War. This is an opinion (ours).
7. When things look bleak and markets show fear, buying cheap is a strategy for a professional. You need an iron stomach.
We have been buyers this week in our US ETF model taking cash from 18% down to 5%. Our international model has a 22% cash position, our tactical trend has a 20% cash position. As recently reported, our short term trading model is fully invested. We expect higher stock prices after this bleeding ends. Our outlook of over 3000 on S&P 500 by end of this decade remains intact.
Links to other websites or electronic media controlled or offered by Third-Parties (non-affiliates of Cumberland Advisors) are provided only as a reference and courtesy to our users. Cumberland Advisors has no control over such websites, does not recommend or endorse any opinions, ideas, products, information, or content of such sites, and makes no warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of their content. Cumberland Advisors hereby disclaims liability for any information, materials, products or services posted or offered at any of the Third-Party websites. The Third-Party may have a privacy and/or security policy different from that of Cumberland Advisors. Therefore, please refer to the specific privacy and security policies of the Third-Party when accessing their websites.
Sign up for our FREE Cumberland Market Commentaries
Cumberland Advisors Market Commentaries offer insights and analysis on upcoming, important economic issues that potentially impact global financial markets. Our team shares their thinking on global economic developments, market news and other factors that often influence investment opportunities and strategies.