The Cumberland Advisors Week in Review is a recap of news, commentary, and opinion from our team.
These are not revised assessments, and circumstances may have changed in the market from the time of original publication. We also include older commentaries that our editors have determined may be of interest to our audience. Your feedback is always welcome.
As part of Cumberland Advisors’ continuous effort to maintain strong customer relationships, we offer this week’s short video discussing current market conditions and how we are positioning portfolios.
Dear Clients & Friends,
Thank you for joining Cumberland Advisors for this end-of-week update on market conditions, bonds & equities with Matt McAleer, David Kotok, and John Mousseau, CFA.
Matt McAleer on ETFs & Equities
John Mousseau’s Update on the Fixed Income Market
– A quiet summer-like week in the bond market
– Deals that came this week were fairly well subscribed
– The deals that get the most subscriptions now are the smaller deals that tend to come cheaper and they still can get 5, 6, 7 times oversubscribed
– As we move forward, we expect to see more deals to come to market
– We think issuers will come to market with some higher yields as the year moves forward
– New Jersey announced this week that they seek to raise $10B, New York seeks $11B through shorter and longer term deals. There will be some give on the deals based upon their size.
– We’re probably going to see this in other states as a result of coronavirus relapses and the negative effects on commerce
– Things to watch next week:
* We’ll be on the lookout for initial and continuing jobless claims
* Congress is still debating over new stimulus on behalf of state and local governments
David Kotok on the Virus and Markets
– We need effective vaccines and treatments
– Until then, we need the truth
Please reach out with any questions/comments you may have about this update; we appreciate your calls, comments, and emails. Watch in the player above or at this link: https://youtu.be/3tJRuiQMKVU
Stay safe, healthy, and have a great weekend.
-Matt McAleer & Cumberland Advisors
Matt enjoys your feedback. You can reach him at:
-Link to Matt’s Email: Matthew.McAleer@Cumber.com
-Link to Matt’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattMcAleer4
-Link to Matt’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-c-mcaleer/
-Call Matt: (800) 257-7013
Other questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (800) 257-7013.
Contact Matt or any one of our advisors by following this link: https://www.cumber.com/our-people/
IN THE NEWS
Quoted: David R. Kotok | Posted on: 07/12/2020 read more
Quoted: Shaun Burgess | Posted on: 07/08/2020 read more
Quoted: John R. Mousseau, CFA | Posted on: 07/01/2020 read more
Quoted: David R. Kotok | Posted on: 06/29/2020 read more
Cumberland Advisors Market Commentary offers insights and analysis on upcoming, important economic issues that potentially impact global financial markets. Our team shares their thinking on global economic developments, market news and other factors that often influence investment opportunities and strategies. Our readers appreciate its timeliness, depth of analysis, and quality of research.
To read current and past commentaries, visit https://www.cumber.com/category/market-commentary/