The Cumberland Advisors Week in Review is a recap of news, commentary, and opinion from our team.
These are not revised assessments, and circumstances may have changed in the market from the time of original publication. We also include older commentaries that our editors have determined may be of interest to our audience. Your feedback is always welcome.
As part of Cumberland Advisors’ continuous effort to maintain strong customer relationships, we offer this week’s short video discussing current market conditions and how we are positioning portfolios.
Dear Clients & Friends,
Thank you for joining Cumberland Advisors for this end-of-week update on market conditions, bonds & equities with Matt McAleer. John Mousseau has the day off.
Matt McAleer & Equities / ETFs
– Volatility and Risk are not the same
– We like to use volatility to add to strong areas on weakness – Matt explains
– Opportunity shifts the risk/reward scale in your favor
– Powerful ratios can put you in strong names that withstand market headwinds – Matt details
– Matt gives quick overviews of some of our strategies and how/why we’re putting cash to work
– Thoughts on investing in Alibaba
– We talk about Life Insurance – let’s talk about dividend yields and interest rates and how it affects this instrument
– Matt asks for your input on this subject
John Mousseau & Fixed Income / Munis
– Quiet week in munis
– We’re seeing election jitters enter markets – we’ve seen this before
– Jobless rates a little higher than expected
– Continuing jobless claims down a little
– Home sales? Rockin’!
– John talks about the bond landscape
– Airports are fairing better than convention centers and stadiums but they still “have wood to chop” before they get back to normal
– As we get closer to a vaccine, the ability to access capital markets is so important for municipal issuers
– Some good news? Looks like Pelosi and Mnuchin are hammering out an agreement for more stimulus/relief that will include relief to state and local governments
– Be sure to watch debates on coming Tuesday
Please reach out with any questions/comments you may have about this update; we appreciate your calls, comments, and emails. Watch in the player above or at this link: https://youtu.be/aTaDczA6yEc
Have a great weekend.
-Matt McAleer & Cumberland Advisors
Matt enjoys your feedback. You can reach him at:
-Link to Matt’s Email: Matthew.McAleer@Cumber.com
-Link to Matt’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattMcAleer4
-Link to Matt’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-c-mcaleer/
-Call Matt: (800) 257-7013
Other questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (800) 257-7013.
Contact Matt or any one of our advisors by following this link: https://www.cumber.com/our-people/
IN THE NEWS
Elecciones en EE.UU: Wall Street teme que se llegue a los comicios sin un claro ganador a la vista | El Cronista
Quoted: David R. Kotok | Posted on: 09/24/2020 read more
Quoted: Shaun Burgess | Posted on: 09/11/2020 read more
Quoted: David R. Kotok | Posted on: 09/07/2020 read more
Quoted: Patricia Healy, CFA | Posted on: 08/31/2020 read more
More Cumberland Advisors News here:
Cumberland Advisors Market Commentary offers insights and analysis on upcoming, important economic issues that potentially impact global financial markets. Our team shares their thinking on global economic developments, market news and other factors that often influence investment opportunities and strategies. Our readers appreciate its timeliness, depth of analysis, and quality of research.
To read current and past commentaries, visit https://www.cumber.com/category/market-commentary/