Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) Series by David R. Kotok
For our readers’ reference we want to start this discussion by recalling that it has been one century since a virus mutated and became a mass killer. That was a strain of H1N1 influenza A, nicknamed the Spanish flu. An estimated 50 million died worldwide as that pandemic swept around the world, and many more millions were sickened by this virus. Here is a reference from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that tells the story of this influenza pandemic: https://www.cdc.gov/features/1918-flu-pandemic/index.html.
The Wuhan coronavirus outbreak is still unfolding. Research and opinion we accumulate will be assembled here for your reference. On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the primary disease caused by the novel coronavirus: COVID-19.
Content published after March 03, 2020.
Content published before March 03, 2020
- Market’s Virus Swoon, ACE2 & Nankai University? – Published 2020/03/03
- COVID-19 and Municipal Credit Quality – Published 2020/03/02
- Cumberland Advisors Guest Commentary – Guest Words from Jay Simkin about China Virus – Published 2020/02/28
- The Virus & The “Truth” – Published 2020/02/26
- Cumberland Advisors Guest Commentary – The DataTrek Research “Coronavirus” Investor Survey Results – Published 2020/02/24
- COVID-19, SARS, Markets? – Published 2020/02/21
- The Virus and Markets – Published 2020/02/20
- Coronavirus and Global Shipping – Published 2020/02/18
- Virus Death Count – Published 2020/02/14
- The Virus and Cruise Ships – Published 2020/02/12
- Case Studies in Gov’t Failure under Viral Conditions – Published 2020/02/11
- A Wuhan Coverup and the Trade Deal? – Published 2020/02/03
- Coronavirus #1 with updated death toll – Published 2020/01/23
- Saudi? Virus? Taking up Energy Weight – Published 2013/06/06
If you’ve not had an opportunity to see our interview with Dr. Judy Monroe, the link is just below. We also link to the Global Interdependence Center’s on-demand May 7, 2020 webinar with Dr. Monroe: https://www.interdependence.org/events/browse/preparing-responding-and-preparing-again/ Also linked is the freely available pamphlet on the Zika virus. We catalogue successes, failures, and the ground in-between whether it be public, private, or NGO.
Dr. Judy Monroe from the CDC Foundation discusses Zika and the foundation’s mission with David R. Kotok. Watch in the player or at this link: https://youtu.be/rge2tC74kSc
You, the ordinary citizen, may need to inculcate the habits of self-reliance and less dependence on help from governments that often fall short. Be vigilant while also respecting the history lesson of the Spanish flu a hundred years after it arrived with a vengeance.
We hope readers find this Zika pamphlet worthwhile and helpful. It is our gift, and we are reproducing it at our cost. Thank you for taking the time to read it. Download a copy of the Zika monograph in either PDF (free) or Kindle ($.99 – Coming Soon!) format.