The Cumberland Advisors Week in Review is a digest of news, commentary, and opinion from our team. These are not revised assessments, and circumstances may have changed in the market from the time of original publication.
Matt McAleer - Equities
- Equities still trading in a range
- NASDAQ hanging around YTD highs
- Regional bank weakness bleeding into large cap banks
- What are the possible impacts of long term bank headwinds on markets?
John Mousseau - Fixed Income
- Headline & Core CPI creeping downwards
- Much needed quiet week for U.S. Treasuries
- Negative 10 & 2 year yield curve level has decreased significantly
- A longer pause for the Fed would likely lead to faster cuts
Access past video updates including the most recent via this YouTube Playlist URL: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu1JZIQ1mPrtx_q7i_C9FWN-cb9f594C1
Please send any feedback from today’s email/video to Matt McAleer. You can reach him at:
Email: [email protected]
Call Matt: (800) 257-7013 ext. 346
Other questions or comments? Email us at [email protected] or give us a call at (800) 257-7013
Check out this excerpt of a "WOW of the week" post from Camper Steve Blumenthal....
Powell says there is no problem and seeming no limit on government debt. I remember sitting with a former Federal Reserve Chief Economist at the Camp Kotok “Shadow Fed” fishing trip in August 2019. Then, the government debt was ~ $19 trillion, and the Fed owned about $4 trillion of it. I leaned across the table and asked my friend, “What’s the plan?” His answer shocked me. “On one side of the government’s balance sheet (Fed), there is an asset of $4 trillion, and on the other side (US Treasury), there is a liability of $4 trillion. He put his two hands up in the air and clapped them twice. Meaning they offset and cancel each other out. I was stunned. That’s what Powell is saying. That’s the plan.
Day One of "Cryptocurrency and the Future of Global Finance" is now available online
Visit the link below to watch the day's sessions and keynotes.